First, thanks to @coffeetalkmag for always tweeting such quality articles. A recently tweeted article was of high relevance to anyone involved in franchising, especially coffee.
This article is important because it highlights:
- strategy by the Franchisor
- importance of coffee to Canadians
- effort and action by the Franchisor to protect the brand
- effort and action by the Franchisor to improve the brand
- effort and action by the Franchisor to reinvent the offering to match the market
- implementation of a leader who was able and willing to lead
- the results of the free coffee program – which hurt lots of other local coffee shops was as follows:
Of the operators who gave it away for free, some of them were up 30-40% in the morning. Guest counts were up 40 or 50%.
In short, as a Franchisor, they came to bat and hit a home run.
If you are a Franchisee in a coffee franchise and don’t have eggs and burgers to sell, you better evaluate quickly how your Franchisor weighs up.
As always, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.